Dust bath disaster

Hi! How're you all doing?

I'm just sitting in our kitchen, waiting for my dinner to be ready (lentils, broccoli and maybe chickpeas, in case you're wondering) and oooh my God I have just had the most exhausting 30 minutes in my life. Well, maybe not, but still.


So, we have degus. You already knew that. And among giving them water and food that doesn't contain sugar (they can be compared to people having diabetes), they have to take a dust bath every day to stay clean. So today I went to the pet shop and bought chinchilla sand, and then came home, put some in a big bowl (and I mean big), and then it all started. In case you've never done it before, like me, it's really not as easy as it seems. First you have to get tho them out of the cage. With Honza it was more or less easy, because he's not that shy, but Hana is always hiding, so it took some more time to get her out. While trying to get Hana, I had to cover the bowl so that Honza didn't get out. Then I put Hana in there, Honza got out (at least I think it was Honza; I can only tell them apart from their behaviour), he started running around in my room, and I had to catch him again. Luckily the door was closed, otherwise it would have taken all night, but still - I tried to catch him with food, so now there is degu food on the floor - and eventually I caught him. Then I put them back into the bowl, waited a bit (they needed the bath after all), and then I brought them back to the cage, and luckily they didn't escape again. Seriously, I never thought that would be so hard. I have to think of a strategy to do this. Maybe it's good to have two people there. (If you have done this before, don't jusge me please:D) But I love them a lot, just to make that clear.:)

So now I'm tired and just want to eat, take a run, read a bit and sleep. I spent 5 hours in a boardgame cafe playing boardgames with three other friends, which was great.


(They have more than 45 different kinds of tea. I intend to try all of them. So far it's been an English afternoon tea, Vietnamese green tea and almond cream tea.)


(My lunch - couscous with raisins, nuts, cheese, spices and soy sauce)


Enjoy your night!

Viola

Comments

  1. Oh my god, then good luck with them. But they look so sweet and innocent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha thank you! And yes, they are sweet:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts