Tea, a mission, and mixed feelings

Dobrý večer:)

I'm just sitting in the train back from Prague to Brno and I'm really tired, but if I don't start writing this now then I probably never will because there is so much going on right now. It's been a busy past few days and it feels like I'm never at home; either I'm working, seeing friends, at orchestra, at a Czech lesson, giving language lessons, at the gym, or in another city, and it's become a little bit exhausting, so I'm kinda looking forward to next weekend and just relaxicating a lot. I still had a great weekend though. Yesterday a friend and I went to Olomouc, a city about an hour away from the place, beacuse she had never been and wanted to go and asked me if I wanted to join her. The only thing we didn't know when we booked the tickets was that it was going to be freezing and that consequently, everyone in Olomouc apparently thought it would be much more sensible to stay inside (they were right). It honestly looked like a ghost town. We first went to a bistro to get something to eat and then went to a tourist information centre, but the people there weren't really helpful either, so we decided the best thing to do would be to make a cafe day out of it, and so we went to another place and had a pancake and chai latte there, and finally to a tea place where I had the most amazing yogi tea (and they had sofas too:)). It was quite relaxed and we mostly talked, but we were still quite tired at the end of the day, so when we came back we decided to go straight home instead to a St Patricks party where we had wanted to go. 



Tea <3




Ghost town Olomouc


Trying not to get lost hahahha

Then today I went to Prague with my mentor. Now comes the part about our mission; or rather a failed mission, since it didn't really work out. In the internet we found out that Mark Gatiss would come to Prague. (You know of course who Mark Gatiss is. Co writer of and actor in BBC Sherlock. Seriously, come on people.) And the internet said ge would come on Sunday, so we got tickets and we were both really excited because we both love Sherlock and are a little bit crazy (but who wouldn't be excited? Again, what's wrong with you?;)) Anyway, as it turned out the internet was wrong and he was there on Friday. 



Two. Days. Ago.



Well, to put it mildly, it was a huge disappointment, and we were both mad and still are, but we still went. It was a screening of his new project "Queers" at a film festival. Going there made it even more frustrating because it would have been perfect - we had seats right in the centre and in the fifth row, and we were just SO CLOSE, but life sucks sometimes. Sad. Some day. I'm not giving up hope yet. 



I had an amazing English breakfast today yayaya


This is so funny:D

Anyway, I will stop this because this is getting rather depressing. However, the next bit isn't really better. Some time last week I was in the tram, I think, and that's when it struck me that when I leave in 6 months, I will really have a hard time. I wouldn't be ready now and after a whole year in this place it will be even harder. It's really strange and very difficult to explain because I do miss home. I miss my mum and dad, my family, my friends, my room and my home town, and just being there, and I'm so excited to see it again at the end of September. But still. Brno is my home now too, and I don't want to leave. I don't want to leave the city, the people I've met and the friends I've made. When it comes to it, I will even miss the tram station and our flat. These 6 months are going to be over so quickly. You'll be reading my last blog entry in no time;).



Aaaaanyway. There is no point thinking about this too much. Some other news: I'm going to Lithuania in April and I really can't wait. I'm going to stay in Vilnius for a week and I always wanted to go there, so that's very exciting for me.:) 



Have a good night, 
Sorry for any typing errors, 

Viola 



Comments

Popular Posts