Touristy things

Hey people! 

It's getting closer and closer; I have eight day left in this beautiful city in this beautiful country and then I go back to Germany. So I decided to go to some places before. I did two trips in September, one small one to Bratislava in Slovakia and then one more to Prague and to Cesky Krumlov. Both were really good, so here is a summary. 


Bratislava

In all those 12 months I had never been to Slovakia before. Which is a shame because it's right around the corner. After all, this was one country until 1993. 
So at the beginning of September Marie and Yasmien, two other volunteers, and I went to Bratislava together. We stayed with Ivan, a guy who is registered on Air B&B, and we went there for two days because people kept telling me that tere is not much to see in Bratislava. Which is true. 

And there was even less to see because on the day we arrived it was raining the. entire. day. Not kidding. It started at around three in the afternoon, and it did not stop, there was thunder and lightening, and we just went from café to café. But this was not supposed to be a problem, because I had my raincoat and therefore tought I wa prepared for anything. But as it turns out, my raincoat was not made for heavy rain, and after half an hour I was completely wet. Also not kidding. 

Well, coffee and cheesecake kept us alive, and in he evening we took a shower and put some dry clothes on and everything was okay. But still, I bought a new raincoat when I was back in Brno. Seriously, what is the point of it if it doesn't keep you dry??

So, that was Bratislava. The next day was nice, we had no rain, found a nice bookshop and a nice restaurant, explored the tiny city centre and just had a good time together, which was the main thing anyway. So if anyone tells you Bratislava is ugly and boring (to be fair, I had lots of people telling me that, most of them Czech people :P ), you should know that it is nice to see, and the city centre is lovely, but yes it is tiny and one or two days are enough. I hope I will see more of Slovakia when I cme back next time. 


 raiiiiin




I thought these pots were pretty cool:)




sun!!!




Halušky - the national dish, it is similar to the German Spätzle 




they have all sorts of cool statues in Bratislava! 




and another one:)


Prague

About the second trip. Last Monday I went to Prague, and I stayed there until Thursday. I had been to Prague before, but just once and just for a day, so I hadn't really seen a lot of it. I stayed in a hostel near the centre and I walked a lot during these four days because I didnt use public transport at all, and it was nice to just move my legs.
The weather was lovely. We had sunshine all the time, it was warm and just perfect. There were just soo many tourists. Like, sooooo many. I shouldn't complain, technically I am a tourist myself, but they are soo annoying. So every time I went into shop or a museum I spoke Czech to people just to prove a point, and they were so happy!



I went to three museums. On Monday I went to the Alfons Mucha museum. In Brno there was a huge exhibition of his work in the summer, and I really like his art. In Český Krumlov I saw another Mucha museum, but I decided two were enough. On Tuesday I went to the museum of Antonín Dvořák, which was really interesting, and then to the one of Bedřich Smetana (I still can't get over the fact that smetana means cream in Czech, that is such a cool name:D ).
I also found a really cool bookshop called Shakespeare a synové, they have English books only and they have really comfy armchairs, so you can just read without buying anything. And I found a really nice café called Original Coffee and their coffee really is great, so you should all go there. 
Other than that I just walked a lot. Prague is just so beautiful!! In winter it was nice too, but the summer made everything different.


Český Krumlov

On Thursday I took a 3.5 hour bus to Český Krumlov. Several people had told me it is really worth visiting. It is a small city, there are a few museums, a castle, a few churches and I think that is pretty much it, but all the houses and the streets and everything there is so beautiful, it looks like in a painting:) I stayed in a hostel which was really nice (Hostel Havana, if any of you ever want to go, I would definitely recommend it), and after I arrived I just walked around a bit and enjoyed my evening. There were lots of tourists, but they weren't as annoying as in Prague. I got tired then and so I went to my hostel and read a bit. In Prague I had bought a Stephen King book because it had called to me, and I have no idea why I am doing this to myself because it is so creepy!! I knew that, I have read many of his books, but he just scares me like no other author. But his books are fantastic. 
On Friday I woke up to rain. And the rain didn't stop the entire day. That was okay though, I just went from café to café (the Egon Schiele café is really nice), finally bought a little mole, and finished my book. Then I went to a bookshop and bought another Stephen King novel (why, why, why). And I didnt do many other things, just that, but it was a good day. I had enough of museums, so I didn't do any more, and Im sure I will be back in Český Krumlov, hopefully with good weather:)







So yeah, all in all it was a fantastic trip and I had a fantastic time:)) I have so many things to do before I leave, its crazy. I started packing today. Weird.

Sorry for typing errors,
Have a lovely evening,
Viola

Comments

Popular Posts