When stuff happens

Hello:) hope your morning is as lovely as mine:) All I've done so far is have breakfast and then I was just reading and drinking tea, which was lovely. Two days ago I finished a fantastic book by Dava Sobel called "The Glass Universe", which is about the female staff of Harvard, who classified stars and are responsible for some of the greatest discoveries concering their chemical composition and  other things. And actually it isn't hard to read. Reading books about science always takes me longer than reading other books, but I finished this relativly quickly.
As to the tea, I don't know how I'm suppsed to finish it before I go home. I got four new kinds for my birthday and it is just sooo much, the shelf is totally full now. We will see.

Anyway. So about a week and a half ago I had a look at the degu cage and saw more than I expected. In fact, I saw five. Instead of two.
In other words, my degus got babies.

After a little panic attack I got used to it, and now I'm thinking about names. But seriously, what are they thinking? Why do they have to make babies now?? And then the babies will get pregnant! I will have to solve this situation now, but right now I will wait until they are older. I baby proofed the cage last weekend because they are sooo tiny, and luckily they are not trying to eat the cage yet. So I will have a few more weeks of peace.

But I also have other news! Adéla got us tickets for the Vienna Pilharmonics!! So last Saturday we went to Vienna and listened to them playing Beethoven's 9th symphony <3 It was soo good, that was the best concert I've ever been to, and it was just an incredible thing to experience. It's just so different hearing it in a concert hall. It makes the music even better. And the acoustics in that concert hall are fantastic. I'm still on a high here. Also, Andris Nelson (the conductor) liked my instagram post. He knows I exist. I'm so happy. Here's a picture. We didn't see that much, but Isaw him and the first of the first violins, and that was brilliant. Yayayaya I'm so happy!!


 our view standing up after the concert



selfie with the master



enjoying the sunshine and some nice views - Vienna is just so beautiful

I just have about two weeks of work left and then I'm on holiday. So basically it's one and a half months of regular work (May and September) and in between camps and holidays. It's crazy how fast this is all going by. I don't know what I'm supposed to think about all that. I'm looking forward to finally starting my studies in October because I miss using my brain and just having intellectual work, but I don't want to leave this place. I feel so lucky to have all these lovely people around me and working with such incredible kids.

Aanyway. I will get back to other things. Sorry for typing errors. Have a lovely day!<3

Comments

Popular Posts