time flies

Hey guys.

I'm trying to update more now because after next Thursday you won't hear much from me for a while (because let's face it, blogging isn't nearly as important as family time).
But yeah. The title of this post isn't really optimistic. But not completely pessimistic either. I suppose it's just how it is.

I know I've been saying this for ages, but I actually cannot believe how fast this is all going by. Really. It's almost the end of May now, and in a week I will be gone and will not be back in Brno until a month later (the 3 days that I'll be home in June don't count, I don't consider washing clothes and cleaning as real quality time). And then there is summer, but July and August will be full of family and camps. And then there is September, and then I leave. I know I still have four months, but that is going to go so fast, and before I know it I will be in Germany. And I have no idea what to think about that right now. I think anyone who has been abroad for a year might now the feeling.

Anyway. As bad as this is, I'm already saying some of my goodbyes. Classes end at the end of May, so I only have a few lessons left with the kids I've been with all year, and when we start again in September they might be there again, but then again they might not. Who knows. I will really miss them. They are just such cutiepies and continue to inspire me in a way I never thought possible. Today my favourite kid at work told me she had named her pink monkey after me (not a real one, obviously). You have no idea how happy that made me.

Also, I had the last concerts with the orchestra I'm playing with last week. It was so much fun. I joined that orchestra after having been here for about a week, and I was absolutely terrified; I was afraid I wouldn't understand a thing, I was so scared to meet new people, I was scared that no one would like me, you get the idea. But going there and coming back every week was one of the best decisions I ever made. It enriched my life here so much. I met so many great people there, I had so much fun playing, my Czech got better (especially learning words like "ticho", and Czech numbers when counting the bars), I met locals, and I have found great friends. I'm still going to rehearsals, but since I will be away in June when they have the last concert, I won't be able to play then. I will come in September after the summer break, and then that's it.


What else is happening here? Last Sunday I went to Ponavafest, a local event organised by a vegan restaurant, where there were bands playing and you could get drinks and some food. It was great. On Saturday night I went to the Museum Night where lots of museums were open until midnight and you could get in for free. I also had pizza at the place where you can get the best one in Brno, I met lots of friends, and I watched a fantastic film called "Love, Simon". Really, watch it if you get a chance.


I tried making sushi - don't judge me, I will get there, but it was delicious



my degus with their babies. pft. 



at a late birthday party last week:)



I interrupted a bug convention the other day


I will drink some tea and hopefully finish my book now. Have a good night you guys! And hope you enjoy the new design of my blog, I like it better this way:)
sorry for typing errors.

Love, Viola

Comments

  1. Ahhh Viola, such a lovely post. Don't worry it's not over yet, there is still a lot of to come. And if so, Germany is not far far away. See you soon. Love you. ❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts