Banananananananana

Hey people:))

soo, here comes part two.
After Kraków I went home, but only for one night, because the day after that I went to a camp out of Brno in Podmitrov, which is about an hour away from us. It lasted for nine days and the theme was Minions. (Yes, those minions.) And it was sooo cool, honestly, I had never thought it would be this good, I just thought it would be a lot of work and lots of kids. But the kids were (almost all of them at least) great, and I really enjoyed the work.

If I describe everything in detail, it will take ages, so here are just some things we did:

Minion sketches - every night the trainers did a little sketch for the kids, and before we did it I thought it was going to be not so much fun, but it waaaaas, honestly I am constantly singing the banana song, as bad as that is :D




An obstacle run 

An orientation run - I wasn't there for that because I was preparing the colours for the holi thing, sadly, but it was worth it

Minions dancing - for this and the next two, see minions sketches

Minions celebrating Christmas - this was soo much fun. We had a human Christmas tree and were dancing around it singing Christmas carols, just with singing "Banana" instead of the lyrics



Minions dancing some more

Workshops - making little minions, bookmarks, zumba, some pearly things, lots

Swimming in the pool and in the river. Some days it was really hot, so that was a good thing to do.

A little holi day for kids - we got coloured using powdered colours, it was sooo much fun!! We have that a lot in Germany, but over here not that many people know it. Basically, you have powdered colours in little bags, and then you throw them, either in the air or at each other, and at the end you are green and blue and yellow and whatever other colours you have. You are a rainbow. It's a lot of fun, especially with kids. I had done that for my miniproject in May, and we had lots of colours left and so we used them at the camp. Only four people knew about it, so it was a surprise, and I loooove surprises.



Walking though a mini river next to where we stayed - we had gone to some place in the woods and walked back through the river, which was a lot of fun, you just had to pay attention to where you were going.



Making wooden cars (ish)

A trip to the supermarket - this was probably the thing all the kids were most excited about hahahah

A disco and some dancing at night, and some really cool pictures (Jarda, one of the trainers, took them, I don't know how he does it, he's amazing with taking pictures). One night when we did that it rained, and that was just perfect. Dancing and singing in the rain is the best, nothing comes close to that.



The banana shake quiz (did you know the tallest man on Earth is 246 cm tall and the smallest woman 63?)

Movie nights (all the minion films, but in Czech, so now I know some new words)

A unicorn chase (or in my case, watching the unicorns getting chased)



A bonfire with music and some food. I love bonfires here, I think that there always is a really cozy and homey atmosphere there. There's someone playing the guitar, people are singing traditional songs, there is food, there are people to talk to, and of course the stars, so whst more could you ask for?



And everyone was lovely. Most of the kids, and all my coworkers. I have never been with a funnier and more ridiculous group of people:D and if it was not for them, I would never have learned how to say chewing gum in Czech (žvýkačka), sung El Dorado at 2.30 in the morning (or rather screamed it out loud), confused an author with a stamp (again, difficulties with Czech haha; známka means stamp and známá means famous, so I was trying to say that one author was famous, but I called her a stamp), or listened to people singing songs until 4 in the morning, and I would have had a lot less fun, whatever we did. It was soooo cool!!! I really miss everyone and maybe I will get to go to the next camp. That was definitely the best camp of all six I have done so far.



This is about it. It's late and my bed is missing me. So night night, sorry for typing errors,
Viola

Comments

Popular Posts