Kraków 2.0

Hey!:)

I've not been home properly for two weeks and I am super tired and I want to sleep. I've had a great time though (even though I'm happy I'm home).

Anyway. First I spent six days in Kraków. I'd been there at the end of January, and I had a few days off work anyway, and so I came back because I wanted to see it again. But Krakow is even more beautiful in the summer. Someone had told me that in January, and of course that makes sense, but honestly, the city was so different. It is warm outside, everything is green, there are people outside, especially on the main square, there are lots of street musicians and artists, and just the whole atmosphere of the city is different. It's the kind of place where you can just sit somewhere and watch people or read a book or just sit and listen to your thoughts and feel perfectly happy. So that's what I did.

I spent most of my holiday in coffeeshops. I wanted a few days to learn vocabs because if I start uni without a good vocabulary, I will not survive the next five years, and so I spent lots of time doing that. So here are a few really great coffee shops and cafés that I found in Kraków.


Pożegnanie z Afryką

This is (no overstatement) most definitely the best coffee shop I have ever, ever been to. And I used to hate coffee. It's a small place, and you have to pay a little attention to not miss it, but oh my God it is so good. The whole interior is fantastic, your seats are covered with cotton coffee bags, there are pictures of coffee, there are around 50 coffee pots on a shelf or more, it smells of coffee, they have great music, they have soo nice baristas, and the coffee is amaaaaazing. They have soo many kinds, I'd say 30 or more but I didn't count. I tried one from Brasil, one from Kenia, one from Burundi, and another one I can't remember, and that's when I realised that you can actually enjoy coffee and not just drink it to stay awake :`) Also, you can just sit and no one will try to make you order anything else (I hate cafés that do that). I did lots of revision for uni there, and I hope I made the baristas a bit happy by coming so often. I also bought coffee there, and I have never made coffee in my whole life, I just had it in cafés, so that's gonna be funny haha. Anyway. Go there. Just go if you are ever in Kraków and like coffee, because this is sooo worth seeing.





Café Charlotte

The best place for breakfast. It's really nice, with one huge table and several small ones, they have good music and THE CROISSANTS ARE AMAZING. It's like a bakery and a café in one.


Massolit Books & Café

A bookshop and a café in one, mainly a bookshop though. Most of it is second hand, and they have three rooms full of books, up to the ceiling. They also have armchairs and tables so you can just go there and sit and read without anyone ever disturbing you. Very helpful for uni work.


Harry Potter Café

This place is a bit hidden. It is in the cellar of a building, and everything is Harry Potter themed. You can order a Voldemort shake, a dessert called "The Golden Snitch", butterbeer and other things, and instead of giving the staff a table number you tell them which wizard is on a picture above your table. There's the film music of Harry Potter playing, and the atmosphere there is amazing.


Trattoria Degusti

They have amazing pizza at a good price, given that it is in the city centre. And they have a beautiful back garden, so it's a great place to go to in the summer.



So, these were the main food places. If you are ever in Kraków, try them all:) There were other tings I saw though, here you go.


Rynek Główny

This is the main square in Kraków, but in the summer it is so alive - there is a market, sometimes bands, every night there are street musicians, you can get traditional food and just sit and watch what is going on around you.





Planty

The park that is forming a circle around the centre. That way, you always have a green spot in walking distance and a bench to sit on.




Wawel

This is the former residence of the Polish kings in Kraków. It is situated on a hill, if you are in Planty and keep walking (doesn't matter in which direction since Planty is a circle) you will see it. I didn't go to the castle, but just to the cathedral, which is free. It is very very beautiful, it's just a very touristy place.


Museum of Amber

A completely free and very interesting place. They exhibit art work there and also a bit about how amber is made, and it's open until 8 pm.


Auschwitz









That is pretty much it. It was really nice to have a few days just for myself without rushing things, mostly reading and learning vocabs (also I'm making progress! Yay!), given that the day after I came back from Kraków I left for a 9 days camp out of Brno with 50 kids (there will be another post about that). Kraków is so beautiful and you should all go!!

Have a lovely Monday, sorry for typing errors,
Viola

Comments

  1. Aww what a lovely post. And Christ, I have to visit the Harry Potter café!!! I haven't known that it is there till now! I mean, I am not that huuuge fan as some people are, but it sound fantastic. Woohoo team Ravenclaw! ❤ loots of hugs from Vienna. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you have to go!!! It is a really cool place. Hope you are okay!! Lets meet up soon when you are back. I miss my mentor :(( hugs, see you soon, xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts