A weekend full of friends, lakes, and a castle

Hi guys!:)

I realised that a lot of the stuff I post on here is about holidays in other countries. I will try to focus a bit more on the Czech Republic. Anyway, about three weeks ago two other volunteers and I went on a trip to Beroun near Prague. It was a surprise trip, so until we left two of the three of us had no idea where we were actually going, but that made it even more exciting. As I said, we stayed in Beroun from Thursday to Saturday. And on Friday, we did what we had come to do: We went to Karlštejn (one of the most famous castles in the Czech Republic). In the beginning it was very rainy, but then in cleared up quite a bit. After thinking about it, we decided to go inside the castle as well, which was very interesting, but completely overpriced. Anyway, here are some pictures.

a river going through Beroun

walking towards the castle - I think the only industry of that town is tourism

again, the castle

But then came, at least for me, the best part of the trip. We walked to three lakes - Malá Amerika, Mexiko Lom, and Velká Amerika. It took us a while to get there. It wasn't that far, we just had a little trouble finding our way sometimes. But it was absolutely worth it. We had a picnic near Malá Amerika and then walked on, and somehow we got to the end. We had planned on swimming in Velká Amerika, but it got too late in the end. Afterwards we were really tired, but I think that is a good sign. I'm really happy I went there, especially with friends, I hope we will be able to go see other places in the Czech Republic before we leave. It is such a beautiful country, and people here are so lovely. 

Malá Amerika

the beautiful Czech countryside


Mexiko Lom

Velká Amerika

Anyway, this is it for tonight. Sorry if there are typing errors:)

Viola


Comments

Popular Posts