It's a lesson you should heed, try, try, try again. If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again.

Hi!

You've made it to my blog, congratulations. I should say that I|m usually not very good at blogging. I tried it three years ago, and I failed miserably. Well, that is an overstatement, but I didn't post on it very often and at some point it seemed pointless keeping it. Anyway. I'll try. At least I have a reason for blogging; today I went to Brno in the Czech republic to stay there for a year because I'm doing a European voluntary service, so I'll be here until the end of September 2018. That's a long time. I'm sitting in the kitchen just now and having a nice cuppa, and I still haven't fully realised I'm here to stay; everything is so new and different, but yet so exciting.

My journey began at 6 o'clock in the morning, which meant I got up at 4, so I got about two hours of sleep. Quite surprising that I feel okay now, but then again I slept on the train. I'm from the south west of Germany, so I traveled from Mannheim to Vienna and then from Vienna to Brno. That took me about 10.5 hours. My mentor, Adéla, and Hana, who is organising the EVS here, picked me up, I got a pass for public transport, we brought my stuff to the flat (I share a flat with two other volunteers) and then we went for some food shopping. My things are finally unpacked and now I'm just relaxing. Will probably get some sleep. Tomorrow we have a huge meeting with other volunteers, and on Tuesday I have Czech lessons and then go to work in the afternoon. I'm working with children; it's a leisure centre and they do a lot of classes and activities to do with sports, music and arts. Can't wait to go there. But I hope I won't get lost in town too soon haha.

Anyway. Too tired to post more. I'll try and update this soon. (Not that there'll be many people reading it, but whatever.)

Viola

Comments

Popular Posts